Belong Digital strictly provides all services on these terms:
Under Fees & payments terms:
By subscribing to our service you authorise Belong Digital to debit your Credit Card Account for all existing and future payments and in the event of any change in the charges for these goods/services to alter the amount from the appropriate date in accordance with such change as and when they fall due.
This authority shall stand, in respect of the specified Credit Card used at the time of signing and in respect of any Credit Card issued to you in renewal or replacement thereof, until you notify Belong Digital in writing of its cancellation.
Delivery of Service:
- Belong Digital only work on the basis of written agreements between themselves and you. Please refer to those documents to understand the product you are purchasing and to ensure that it suits your needs. Unless otherwise stated, work is limited to the amount of person hours being the consideration for any agreement divided by 50. You should also refer to the examples that Belong Digital has provided to you of other sites that Belong Digital has designed which fall within your budget level so that you fully understand the product that you will be receiving. It is your responsibility to ensure you are aware of and are familiar with the full specifications and functionality of the product that you are purchasing and accordingly you are responsible for ensuring that you obtain from Belong Digital any of the above referred to documents that are necessary for you to understand these matters.
- You must understand the functionality of the product that you are purchasing as changes to the standard functionality may incur additional costs.
Client Responsibilities and Obligations:
- You must follow all instructions provided by Belong Digital and provide to Belong Digital, in a timely manner, all information and materials requested by Belong Digital.
- All content must be provided in the format specified by Belong Digital. Please note that excessive instructions, or links to content on other third party sites for retrieval will not be accepted. Any requested feedback should be provided in one email with content in standard format.
- The instructions provided by Belong Digital as to information and materials that you are to supply are designed to ensure your site is completed on time and within the specifications agreed upon. Noncompliance with these instructions will cause delays in delivery of your product and may result in you incurring additional costs.
- At times Belong Digital may request domain name and hosting information from you. Once this information is received by Belong Digital, Belong Digital may re-delegate the domain name so that it points at Belong Digital’ servers or replace or delete files on your hosting account as needed in order to complete your project. You authorise Belong Digital to undertake these steps. Such activities may cause disruptions to your existing website, email and other services. If you have any special instructions or requirements regarding this, please advise Belong Digital immediately. At all times, the responsibility for renewing domains lies with you.
- Once your site is handed over to you, any further work or changes will result in you incurring additional costs. It is your responsibility to check that the site is to your satisfaction prior to handover. Once the site is made live, you must check any functionality (e.g. checkout and payment processes) to ensure your site visitors experience the site the way you intend.
- If you are expecting any large spikes in your web traffic, you must inform Belong Digital as soon as practicable so that Belong Digital can assess any potential impact on its infrastructure and other clients. Any conduct that endangers the web hosting services provided by Belong Digital to other clients will result in your site being suspended. This includes, but is not limited to, undertaking activities such as mass mail outs which can cause disruption to Belong Digital’ sever.
Project Non Completion:
- You acknowledge that, in the event that Belong Digital cannot complete the development of your site due to difficulties in executing the proposed services (which may be due to either project issues or client difficulties) then Belong Digital may, by written notice to you, terminate its agreement with you, at which time Belong Digital shall, at their sole discretion, either refund to you any monies paid by you or shall provide to you any work completed by Belong Digital and paid for by you.
Intellectual Property Rights:
- You warrant to Belong Digital that any and all information and material provided to Belong Digital by you or by any one on your behalf does not infringe the copyright or other intellectual property rights of any third party and you indemnify Belong Digital against any action taken against Belong Digital by any such third party.
- You accept responsibility for all information and material provided to Belong Digital or uploaded to your site by Belong Digital or yourself, and you indemnify Belong Digital against any liability in relation thereto. Specifically, you undertake that you will not publish, distribute or issue any information that is illegal or offensive, including copyrighted materials.
- Belong Digital reserves the right to refuse any material of a copyrighted nature unless adequate proof is given of permission to use such material.
- All intellectual property rights (including rights in relation to patents, trademarks, moral rights, service marks, rights in design, database rights, application for any of these rights, copyright, trade or business names or other similar rights or obligations whether they are able to be registered or not in any country) in respect of any proprietary software owned or used by Belong Digital in the creation of your site or which are created (either now or in the future) by Belong Digital, or which result from the engagement of Belong Digital to create your site shall remain the property of Belong Digital. This includes specifically all copyright in any design, code or document created or any discoveries made in the course of the creation of your site, which shall, upon creation, vest in and be the exclusive right and property of Belong Digital. Upon payment in full of all monies owing to Belong Digital, you shall be granted a license to use all such intellectual property however you acknowledge that the license does not constitute an assignment of any such intellectual property rights in any proprietary software either owned or used by Belong Digital.
- Belong Digital estimates that your site can be created in under 28 days, unless otherwise specified prior to commencing the project.
- The above time frame is an estimation only and projects can be delayed by a number of factors including (but not limited to) noncompliance by you with the instructions to or requests from Belong Digital, incorrect content being supplied to Belong Digital and Belong Digital being unable to contact you for prolonged periods of time. You must ensure that Belong Digital have accurate contact details for you and a single point of contact.
- You must make every effort to follow the instructions provided by Belong Digital and provide the required information to Belong Digital in order to facilitate delivery times and correct specifications.
- Delays in providing the required information to Belong Digital may result in delays in product delivery and also may result in you incurring additional charges for administration time.
- Belong Digital will make all reasonable efforts to provide the product by the estimated date but do not accept liability for any costs incurred, loss or damage (including consequential loss or damage) compensation or loss of earnings due to any failure to meet agreed deadlines.
- In order to enable Belong Digital to complete your project within a reasonable time frame, Belong Digital may declare a stage of development completed where:
- Belong Digital does not receive any feedback or changes from you within 14 days of such items being requested; or
- Belong Digital does not receive your content within 14 days of it being requested.
- Belong Digital, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to develop your site in the event that Belong Digital does not receive your content within 14 days of having requested it. If Belong Digital elects to build your site without first receiving content from you, standard template content will be used which can be changed by yourself using the Content Management System once the site is handed over to you.
- In the event that Belong Digital does not receive any final changes to be made to the site from you within 14 days of having requested such details from you, then Belong Digital reserves the right to hand over your site to you, at which time your final payment will become immediately due and payable.
Content, Design and Package Restrictions:
- Where “pages” of content are specified, a “Page” consists of up to 1 A4 page of text and up to 5 images. If you require more content than this on any one page, you should advise Belong Digital accordingly so that Belong Digital can provide you with a quote for the extra content.
- Where a gallery of images is used, up to 20 images can be entered by Belong Digital for you. Additional images may incur additional costs. You should note that a gallery counts as 1 page.
- When Belong Digital provide you with design layouts for approval, these design layouts represent the suggested design for the home page of the site. You must understand that the inner pages of the site will follow a simpler design as there is more information to be presented. You should ensure that you ask your consultant for more information if you are unclear on this.
- Belong Digital uses the content in the form that is provided to Belong Digital by you and does not conduct spelling or grammar checks. Belong Digital will not write your content for you unless you have requested that this be provided as a separate service which will incur additional costs. You are solely responsible for the content of the site and accordingly Belong Digital will treat the submitted content as the final version of that content. If you find you have errors in your submitted content, you are able to change your content through the Content Management System if there is one attached to your site.
- Belong Digital include a set number of rounds of changes during its site production process. The standard number of rounds of changes is 3. Any extra changes required by you may incur additional costs and such extra changes can be purchased during the sales process. Belong Digital accepts no responsibility for ensuring that such changes are error free.
- Changes must be submitted in one email and one email of changes (within the scope of the project) is considered one round of changes. In the event that Belong Digital makes any mistakes or omissions in implementing the changes that you have requested, Belong Digital will rectify this at its own expense.
- Please ensure that you limit your changes to comply with the agreed specifications. Failure to do this may result in you incurring additional costs.
- Belong Digital may include a link to its own website at the footer of your site and, where such link is so included, you must not take any steps to remove this link. Belong Digital reserves the right to change any such links from time to time.
- You are expected to test fully any application or programming relating to the site developed by Belong Digital for you before making such site generally available for use. Where clear mathematical, logical errors or discrepancies from written specifications are are found after the site is live, Belong Digital shall endeavour (but is not obliged to) to correct these issues.
Fees and Payment Terms:
- The total cost of your project and any fees are set out in the quote provided to you by Belong Digital, the scope of work and any ad hoc quotes that may be provided to you by Belong Digital from time to time. Details regarding costs can also be obtained from your sales consultant by request. You must ensure that you are aware of any costs and ongoing fees before you elect to proceed.
- Any monthly fees attached to your project must be paid in full in order to ensure your service continuity. Your site may be suspended or discontinued if your fees fall overdue outside of Belong Digital payment terms.
- Your initial website consultations are included in your quoted project cost and form part of your deposit. If you do not decide to proceed with Belong Digital, you will not be liable for this cost.
Belong Digital’ standard payment terms for any project are as follows:–
- 50% of the total project cost will be required as an upfront deposit in order to get your project started. This also includes the cost of your initial website consultations.
- A progress payment equal to 40% of the total project cost must be made 28 days after your project start date or once you have approved your design layout and have provided the content for your site, whichever occurs first.
- The balance of the total project costs shall be payable 56 days after your project start date and prior to Belong Digital making the site live.
- Belong Digital requires final payment and direct debit forms to be provided in respect of any ongoing fees and such forms are to be returned to Belong Digital before Belong Digital will make your site live. Your final balance payment and direct debit form must be returned to Belong Digital upon completion of your site (before going live) or within 56 days from the date that your initial deposit was made – whichever occurs first.
- Content Management System fees and other monthly fees are to be paid by way of monthly direct debit. Your monthly fees will start on the day which is 56 days after the date on which you have paid the upfront deposit.
- Please note that a Direct Debit Dishonour Fee of $15 applies to your account whenever a direct debit transaction is dishonoured.
- Any extras requested during the process shall be added to the total project costs and will be payable at the stages outlined above. Please note that extras outside your package specifications will incur additional charges which Belong Digital will inform you of before proceeding.
- If you require Belong Digital to make changes to your site after your site is handed over to you, you will be required to pay for this work at the hourly rate or in accordance with Belong Digital’ standard prices as quoted. All work must be paid for upfront and will be quoted for on request.
- If Belong Digital has difficulties contacting you for prolonged periods of time or does not receive required feedback of information from you, you may incur additional charges and delays in delivery of your project. If you are un-contactable for more than 14 days, Belong Digital may suspend your project indefinitely or end your project without further notice to you. If your project is suspended or ended, then your final payment will be due and payable immediately to Belong Digital. To resume your project you will need to pay a $97 re-instatement fee and the decision regarding whether the project will be resumed shall rest solely with Belong Digital.
- If you wish to take your site and host elsewhere, you still need to pay Belong Digital the monthly service fee or pay a release fee of $300 in order to waive your monthly fees. Please discuss this with your consultant should you be unclear as to this. Well how does this harmonize with us owing all the IP in the site?
- You can apply to Belong Digital to have your project on hold if your circumstances change, in which case you may be required to make the next payment due and then the project will be placed on hold for a period determined by Belong Digital. Applications will be assessed on individual merits and if approved will be for a finite period determined by Belong Digital. You will not be charged any additional costs to resume your project in these circumstances.
- Please note that paying the deposit on any project shall signify your agreement and commitment to complete the project with Belong Digital and your agreement to make full payment to Belong Digital. Payment in full of the total project costs will be required in the event that you do not wish to proceed with your project after such time as you have paid your deposit and you are outside the refund period.
- You shall remain liable for all fees incurred by Belong Digital during any period when your site has been suspended or discontinued due to your failure to comply with these terms and conditions. In addition, you must pay all costs in full without any offset, counter claim or deduction unless first agreed to in writing by Belong Digital.
- Please note that interest at the rate of 10% of your site build contract shall be charged on any amounts outstanding in excess of Belong Digital payment terms from time to time. Additionally if your site is not live and your direct debit form remains unreturned to Belong Digital 60 days after handover has occurred, a release fee of $300 will be charged to hand over all your site files which are then deleted from the Belong Digital server.
- If accounts are not settled and Belong Digital has not been contacted regarding the delay, access to your site may be denied and the web page may be removed.
Automatic Renewal of Domain Names:
- In the event that you have elected to pay for services provided by Belong Digital by way of direct debit, then any domain names registered for you by Belong Digital may , emphasis maybe renewed by the due date for renewal and the cost of such domain name renewal shall be added to the direct debit payment for that month: but under no circumstances does this relieve the client of responsibility for renewing their own domains.
Contacting Belong Digital:
- When contacting Belong Digital, you must use the email address and phone number provided to you and you must always ask for the person you wish to speak to directly. In addition to the costs incurred in delivering the project to you, Belong Digital will also charge you for office services charges such as for emails and telephone calls (which are charged at the rate of $5.00 per email/telephone call, regardless of duration, for any emails and/or telephone calls that are in excess of three in any one week period).
- Belong Digital provides no warranty, and the site is presented on an ‘as is’ basis However, if you have made changes to your site using the Content Management System, you may incur additional costs to resolve any issues that arise due to those changes.
- Belong Digital will make every effort to ensure sites are designed to be viewed by the majority of visitors. Sites are designed to work with the main browsers Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox latest releases. You understand that we cannot guarantee correct functionality with all browser software across different operating systems.
- Changes made to the site through the CMS, in some cases, can cause browser related issues. If this happens, Belong Digital may need to charge additional fees to rectify these issues.
Limitation of Liability:
- Whilst every endeavour will be made to ensure that the site is free of errors, Belong Digital cannot accept responsibility for any losses or damages (including consequential loss or damage, loss of business, loss of income, loss of information or business interruption) incurred due to malfunction or due to the construction or operation of the site or any part of it. Further, Belong Digital will accept no responsibility for liability for any down time, loss of income or loss of your use of the site which may occur as a result of the site being affected by computer hacking, computer viruses, malware or spyware. If your site is so affected, Belong Digital may, at its sole discretion, assist you with remedying such affliction; however in doing so, Belong Digital accepts no responsibility or liability in this respect.
- In addition, Belong Digital accepts no liability whatsoever for any damages or costs (including consequential damages or losses) incurred as a direct or indirect result of using Belong Digital’ services or services of Belong Digital’ related companies or businesses (howsoever caused, whether by negligence or otherwise) or incurred by you directly or indirectly as a result of your use of any open source or third party proprietary software. Belong Digital does not provide any guarantee that any such open source or third party proprietary software will be fit for the purpose or function as required by you.
- If Belong Digital suspends your site for any breach of these terms of service or any other reason whatsoever, Belong Digital shall not be liable for any loss of income or costs incurred by you, including any consequential loss or damage suffered by you.
- It is your responsibility to ensure you are aware of renewal dates of domain names and other services. Belong Digital takes no responsibility for loss of domain names or other services due to non-renewal, whether notification is sent to you or not. Please contact Belong Digital if you do not know the renewal dates of your services.
- All terms, conditions, warranties, undertakings, inducements and representations, whether express or implied, statutory or otherwise, relating to the provision of services by Belong Digital not contained in these terms and conditions are excluded.
- Except as required by statute, all express and implied conditions and warranties in relation to the services provided are hereby excluded and Belong Digital’ liability hereunder (if any) shall be limited at Belong Digital’ discretion to the replacement of the services, the supply of the equivalent services or to the value of the services supplied by Belong Digital. You acknowledge that the limitation of liability in this clause is fair and reasonable.
- You acknowledge and agree that you are using all services and facilities provided by Belong Digital at your own risk and you agree to defend, indemnify, save and hold Belong Digital harmless from any and all demands, liabilities, costs, losses and claims, howsoever suffered, including but not limited to legal fees incurred by Belong Digital that may arise directly or indirectly from any service provided or agreed to be provided by Belong Digital to you or any product or service offered or sold by you to your clients. You agree that this indemnification extends to all aspects of the project, including but not limited to web site content and choice of domain name.
- You also agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Belong Digital against any liabilities arising out of injury to any person or property of any person caused by any service provided or agreed to be provided by Belong Digital or any product or service offered or sold by you to your clients, including but not limited to, infringement of intellectual property rights, infringement of proprietary rights, misinformation, delivery of defective products or services which are harmful to any person, business, company or organisation and in respect of any defamatory comments or materials contained on your site.
- Belong Digital agrees that, except if directed by you, Belong Digital will not, at any time during or after the term of its engagement, disclose any confidential information belonging to you. Likewise, you agree that you will not convey any confidential information about Belong Digital to any other party, including but not limited to, using any documentation provided to you by Belong Digital or using any of Belong Digital’ processes related to the delivery of your service.
- In the course of building your site Belong Digital may use various open source software and also third party proprietary software. Each piece of software has its own processes, functionality and works in its own way. The standard functionality can often be changed, but unless otherwise stated, changes to this functionality are not included in your purchase price.
- Belong Digital does not provide any warranty in respect of the functionality of such open source or third party proprietary software and Belong Digital does not provide any guarantee that such software will be fit for the purpose or function as required by you.
- All users of Belong Digital’ services must adhere to all policies set out in these terms and conditions as well as any other policies issued by Belong Digital and notified to you from time to time.
- The services of Belong Digital must only be used for lawful purposes. You cannot use any of the services of Belong Digital to store, transmit, modify, publish, transfer or sell, reproduce, create derivative works from, perform, display, or in any way exploit or distribute any material in any way that will infringe the copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property rights of others or the privacy, publicity or other personal rights of others, or any material that is obscene, threatening, abusive, hateful, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, harassing or threatening or in violation of any law, or is in any other way objectionable.
- Belong Digital reserves the right to suspend any services if, in its sole discretion, it deems any activities you are undertaking to be putting its reputation, services or other clients at risk. In addition, Belong Digital reserves the right to refuse to deal in any way with material which may be deemed offensive, illegal or in any way controversial and also to terminate its hosting service should the necessity arise.
Server Uptime and Usage (Web Hosting):
- Belong Digital uses industry standard server hardware and software. Belong Digital works to minimize any downtime and endeavors to provide an uninterrupted service at all times. Notwithstanding this, you acknowledge that the web hosting service of Belong Digital relies on factors outside of its control and accordingly Belong Digital does not accept any responsibility for any losses incurred for any down time.
- Unless otherwise specified in writing, you are limited to 10 GB per month of bandwidth and 1 GB of disk space per website that you have hosted with us.
- While Belong Digital makes incremental and full scheduled backups of its servers, Belong Digital does not guarantee that any lost data will be recovered. Additional charges may be incurred where you request Belong Digital to attempt to make recoveries of lost data.
- You acknowledge and agree that Belong Digital may at any time vary the terms upon which it provides web hosting services by providing you with 30 days written notice.
- Where applications or sites are developed on a server that is not operated by Belong Digital, you are expected to provide or seek any information, additional software, support or co-operation pertaining to the server required in order for the application to be correctly developed. Where large applications are to be developed, it is your responsibility to provide a suitable testing environment which is identical to the final production development.
Suspension of Services:
Belong Digital reserves the right to suspend/cancel any or all services provided to you, including all domain names if:–
- You have any outstanding invoices or accounts;
- Your account is in dispute or the subject of a dispute resolution procedure, court order, judgment, finding or determination;
- You fail to comply with any provision of these terms and conditions or any other policy, directive or requirement notified to you by Belong Digital;
- There is evidence of fraudulent, illegal, defamatory or offensive activities or evidence of any other activity that is in breach of a third party’s rights;
- Belong Digital deems that your use of its service may jeopardize the operation of the service that Belong Digital provides;
- Belong Digital’ service suffers any technical failure or if Belong Digital must carry out maintenance;
- You have used Belong Digital’ service in a manner which violates any applicable laws or regulations;
- You have used Belong Digital’ service in a manner which interferes with or disrupts the usage of the service by other clients of Belong Digital; or
- Belong Digital deems any other reason as satisfactory to protect Belong Digital, its staff or other clients.
- Reasonable notice of the suspension/cancellation of services will be given to you by Belong Digital only where possible.
- In the event that your account is suspended or canceled under these terms and conditions, you must pay all outstanding charges to Belong Digital immediately.
- Either party may terminate the ongoing monthly service agreement for Belong Digital to provide web hosting services by providing the other party with 30 days written notice of such termination. If you wish to terminate the ongoing monthly service, then you must provide such written notice to Belong Digital by faxing to Belong Digital on (03) 9421 5709 the cancellation form which can be requested from Belong Digital’ accounts department.
- If you choose to terminate the agreement, then the balance of any fees owing to Belong Digital, including in respect of any site project costs, monthly fees or any other fees that you may be liable for, shall become immediately due and payable.
- You acknowledge that sites cannot be guaranteed to be 100% error free in construction and you acknowledge that the existence of errors falling short of a complete failure of consideration in the site shall not constitute a reason to terminate the agreement between you and Belong Digital.
- Belong Digital may experience outages beyond its control caused by reason of failure of hosting services provided to third parties upon which Belong Digital relies to provide its services, act of God, or the consequence thereof including, but not limited to fire, flood, typhoon, earthquakes or by reason of riots, wars, invasions, acts of hostilities, civil wars, rebellion, terrorist activities, government restrictions, trade embargoes, strikes, lockouts, labour disputes, boycotting or other causes beyond Belong Digital’ control. You agree to release Belong Digital from any claim or potential claim with respect to outages and any loss or damage suffered by you or any third party.
- These terms and conditions may be varied or updated from time to time by Belong Digital.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction:
- These terms and conditions are governed by the law of the State of Victoria and each party irrevocably and unconditionally submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Victoria.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is invalid and not enforceable in accordance with its terms, other provisions which are self-sustaining and capable of separate enforcement with regard to the invalid provision, are and continue to be valid and enforceable in accordance with their terms.
- The failure, delay, relaxation or indulgence on the part of Belong Digital in exercising any power or right conferred upon Belong Digital by these terms and conditions does not operate as a waiver of that power or right, nor does any single exercise of any power or right preclude any other or further exercise of it or the exercise of any other power or right under these terms and conditions.
- You may not assign or transfer your rights or obligations under these terms and conditions without the prior consent in writing of Belong Digital.
No Adverse Construction:
- These terms and conditions are not to be construed to the disadvantage of Belong Digital because Belong Digital was responsible for its preparation.
- You must not make, disclose or publish orally or in writing any statement or comment which may defame or disparage Belong Digital or any of its employees or its business. This obligation survives the termination of the engagement of Belong Digital.